Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Santa baby



I honestly don't know how we do it but for the last 3 years we have ended up at the Harley Davidson store on the day that Santa visits the store.  I usually end up getting my mom and step dad something from there for Christmas so we've been stopping in on our Saturday shopping day for the last 3 years. 
 
 
 
How convienient, especially since I don't think I could talk either one of my kids into sitting on his lap anymore. 
They think they're too old. 
Well Jacob does for sure but I think this little lady Sarah is embarrassed that she still wants to see Santa.  She didn't want to sit on his lap but he patted his knee and said "come on now, how will I know what you want"
There's that little bit of spirit left in her that wants to believe.  She had a smile a mile wide and happily told him a couple things that she would like.

I'm having a tough time this holiday season.  Looking at my children and realizing that they no longer believe.  They still have that holiday spirit and act as if they believe.  They have helped with the tree and the shopping.  Last night we decorated cookies and made cookie platters for friends. 
I hope that they remember these holidays and love the memories as much as I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment