Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Halloween 2013

I'm sad to say that Sarah hated her Halloween costume this year.  She told me she wanted to be an angel.  So we looked online but couldn't really find what she had in mind.  I told her I could make her a skirt and then we could just add wings and a halo.  She was fine with that. 
Well fine with it until it all came together, then not so much.  She never really told me what she hated about it but she didn't want to wear it. The wings annoyed her cause they were constantly hitting things and she added the sweater cause the shirt I got her "made" her cold.
Whatever, I'm just glad its over.
And I thought she looked cute. 
Pictures were not happening happily this year.
Tuck on the other hand loved his costume.  He sat in front of the door and showed it to everyone that came by for candy.
And sadly this is Jacob on Halloween night. 
No costume
No trick or treating
I offered to help him figure out a costume but he did not want to go.
Very very sad mom hates to see him grow up.
On the other hand he and I spent the evening handing out candy. Having him all to myself and chatting for the few hours that we passed out candy was great.
 I had over 500 pieces and almost all of it was gone.  He and I ate a few of our favorites,
Jacob/fruity tootsie rolls
 mom/snickers.
Another shot of Tucker in his hot dog costume. 
Buddy thought he was pretty cool.

The kids carving their pumpkins.  They better never get too old to do this.  They still need me to get the gunk they can't get out of the pumpkins so at least I still get to be involved. 
Jacob went with the U of M theme this year. 
 


Sarah went with the usual scary Halloween face. 
I did find out that a magic eraser works well on the pumpkins if your kids use marker to draw on the design.  After Sarah had it the way she wanted it we used one to wipe off the black marker left over.  


 
Jacob and Sarah with Halloween pumpkins 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment