Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

 
There are so many post about the New Year.  Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest.
People are wishing friends and family a Happy New Year.  Wishing them good health wealth and happiness.  Pictures and post about going out tonight, about the parties and the fun. 
We're sitting home tonight.  Not really what I wanted to do but nevertheless here we sit.  The boys are watching a movie Sarah is in her room watching Disney channel and here I sit blogging.  We're happy healthy and content.  I think thats all we can hope for.
Tonight isn't really any different than any other night for us (although I swear I don't usually consume several glasses of egg nog and fireball whiskey). 


I was thinking about New Years resolutions earlier today.  I don't usually make any.  I'm not gonna lie I always go into the new year thinking that this might be the year that I actually lose weight.  It never happens.  My sister in law asked me to join biggest loser with her and instead of jumping in with the, heck yeah and this year I'm gonna win attitude, I told her no thanks.  I always fail and I always feel like crap about it.  So this time I just said no.  

And now while all that babbling above sounded like a bunch of bah humbug oh woe is me I didn't mean for it to. 
I'm going into this year with an it is what it is attitude. 
I'm never going to be skinny, or beautiful.  I will never have perfect children.  My husband isn't going to turn into super husband and start behaving like I wish he would.  My house isn't going to get clean and stay clean.  I'm not going to make a lot of money.  And I'm not going to Disney this year, boo.  What I've learned is that I have to make myself happy with what I've got.  I need to be more thankful for my self, my not perfect children, my husband and most of all getting out of bed this morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment