Thursday, January 10, 2013

20 13

I know I said no new years resolutions in my last post but I have been thinking lately about several things I would like to do this year.  Some important, some pretty lame...I've made a list of my top 13.

1. Sort and go through the red junk room.  What that entails is to big to even consider.  There is more s**t in there then in the whole house put together.  I'd really like a cute little craft room, hahahahahaha

2.  Going along with the above goal I would like said cute craft room to have a "garage sale area".  That would mean all the crap that I find laying around the house that I realize I don't want, need, or EVER use would immediately get priced and put in this "area", again hahahahahaha.

3.  I've always wanted to redo our bedroom, (husband and all, lol).  I think I'll start with paint and go from there.

4.  I have a huge stack of old photos.  Not black and white old but 1980's old.  Some of my cousins and aunts and extended family.  When my parents divorced my mom went through old photos and gave me ones she thought I might like.  I also have my own and my husbands baby books.  The photos were scotch taped in the albums so the tape has since turned yellow and the photos have fallen off the pages.  I'd like to get these organized.  Someday down the road I may catch up on scrapbooking and have time to do an "old photos" scrapbook.  Someday.

5.  Fix my backyard flower beds.  Make them smaller, more managable.  I need my moms help with this, so this will be a summer project.  What I mean by that is, my mom will come visit and I'll send her outside to see my flower beds and she'll be disgusted at how overgrown they are and she'll FIX them. 

6.  File bills, throw cable bills from 2003 away.  Keep stuff we need.  Simple

7.  Send out birthday gifts/cards to immediate family on time.  That means pre-plannning. 
 hmmmm maybe I'll just try to make sure I at least call.

8.  Cook with turkey burger more, instead of just beef burger.  I usually can't tell the difference so why not, right?

9.  Try more new recipes.  Thank GOD for pinterest.  We've really had some good food this past year.  Mostly from recipes from there.  So this is just something I'll continue.  Pin more, cook more.

10.  I'd love to visit a new state.  Last year I was ablet to go to Georgia to visit Jeremy while he was at school.  That was an a really fun trip.  I might just plan to go by myself to explore.  My favorite time in Savannah was wondering the streets by myself with no agenda.  Beautiful town, if you haven't been you should go.

11.  Start a vacation fund.  Actually put money away so we're not always waiting on tax money to get us there.  Easy peasy right, ha not!!

12.  I only had 11 things written down.  I was going to try to get to 13 since its 20"13" but I don't think thats going to happen.  Looking back at the list I'm hoping to achieve 2-3 of these things.  I just hoping to do better than a good friend.  Today she shared with me that her last years resolutions were to get in shape, clean/organize better, and blog more.  Well I'm pretty sure that was the last blog she wrote, she's now pregnant so getting in shape didn't happen....wait you know she did run last year quite a bit so she did have good intentions with that one, and her mom is now here cleaning her house for her since she didn't get it done in time for the party this weekend.  Not naming any names!



I'm going to save the lost weight, save money, eat healthier goals for next year.  Don't wanna get to cray cray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment