Sunday, August 30, 2009

I Go Back!

So this is Jeremy's hobby. I don't get it at all. I don't understand the thrill of it. Usually the events happen in the summer when it is hot and humid and they are required to wear all those authetic clothes. It just looks hot and miserable to me. From what I understand at each event they portray some battle from the Civil War. And then they pretend shoot each other. If you get "shot" you have to lay down and play dead. Jeremy loves this, he is passionate about it. He wants to attend every "battle" and even when he pretends that he's not disappointed I know that he is upset when he has to miss one. A few days leading up to the event he gets his stuff ready. He has to bring only authentic items, items which they wouldve used back then. He only eats food that they wouldve ate back then. His clothes are clothes only a soldier wouldve worn, right down to his boxers. He spent the better part of the last two weeks sewing a new shirt for this weekend, yes hand sewing.
Like I said I don't understand the obsession, but I know he loves it and I guess thats what matters. After all I don't expect him to understand my hobby. He wouldn't understand the thrill of finding just the right paper for the perfect picture. He doesn't get it when I take a picture and I can't wait to print it because I know just the right lay out I'm gonna use. So thats why it works for us to have seperate hobbies. Thats why several nights or weekends a year we go our own ways and do what we love...seperately!



>

No comments:

Post a Comment