Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 1 Savannah

The first day started out very strange. I flew out from Detroit on Delta and there were only 10 of us on the plane. I've never been on a plane that wasn't full or almost full. There were 2 very loud very southern women on the flight that thought since there were only 1o of us that we should be the best of friends, including our flight attendant. They wanted to know where everyone was from, how old we were, what we did for a living, and pretty much anything else about us short of our social security numbers. The flight attendant loved us so much that the drinks were flowing, the FREE drinks, YES!! It was too much for me. LOL All I could think about was Mesha, my dear friend that would have DIED if she was in the middle of this new friendship. Thank God about halfway through the two southerners figured about that we weren't as into this friendship as they were and quit asking us questions. These two now have a trip to Italy planned for the spring of 2013. They did not know each other before this flight and they exchanged addresses, phone numbers and bra sizes. They were so into each other that one of them is meeting the other one this Saturday at "the Cathedral" to be her plus 1 at a wedding she's going to.....weird??? I realize I'm babbling but this was one of the weirdest situations I have ever been in, twilight zone.





not our hotel, just an awesome building



Once I got to Savannah (Jeremy picked me up...no taxi, yea) I had to find the hotel. UGH



I dropped him off at school and took off to find Bay St. It was actually pretty easy. I got my key changed into shorts and flip flops and went to lunch, yes by myself. That was tough. Luckily I had my book so I just read for a little bit. How nice, peace and quiet. After lunch I found my way down to the river and walked along the water. The weather was wonderful, 73.




I had to go get Jeremy from school, easy right? NOT SO MUCH. I had to get him at 4 and it takes 25 minutes to get there. I was worried about getting lost so I left at 3. I got lost. He left his phone in the car so I couldn't call him. Long story short the lady at the front desk at his school had to guide me to him and I showed up at 4:30. Needless to say Jeremy wasn't too pleased when I pulled up. Especially since today was the day they got out early and he had been waiting for me since 330. His fault for forgetting his phone, right?






None of this would be a big deal except we had dinner reservations at Paula Deen's restaurant, Lady and Sons, at 5. I think it must be hard to get to get reservations cause there were a lot of people standing around and it was kinda busy. With all that mess we did make it just a few minutes late and had a wonderful meal.
We're old...after dinner we came back to the hotel so Jeremy could do homework and I could sleep. I'm tired, we'll be sleeping by 9 tonight lol.



Here's to hoping I can paint the town all by myself tomorrow while he's at school. Also here's to hoping I remember to take some more photos. I feel kinda silly being by myself and whipping out my camera. Maybe I'll take some lovely self portraits, haha stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment