Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lucky Old Sun


So Sarah went to the beach today with her bff, Quinn. I'm sad to say that I think she has developed a allergy to the sun, is that possible? She came home and I noticed red blotches all over her. This isn't the first time. We thought she was allergic to sunscreen but Papa found some that we have used for a couple years with no problem. Over the weekend she was outside without sunscreen and she got all blotchy also. So if she wears sunscreen or doesn't she gets these raised blotchy areas. They all seem to be in the areas she has exposed to the sun. My wonderful friend Cort brought me over some benedryl cause Jeremy isn't home and I couldn't find Jake (long story, no I'm not a bad mom, I had an idea where he was I just wasn't sure)(that still sounds really bad but get over it). Anyhow Cort brought us the med and I gave it to Sarah. While Cortnie and I were talking (about Disney) Sarah went upstairs to her room. A bit later I asked Jake to check on her and sure enough she was in bed sleeping, it was approx 7 pm.
I don't know what to do. Do you think I should take her to the doctor? What do I do if she is allergic to the sun? Any other ideas what it could be?
So I've been checking on her every 15 minutes or so to make sure she is alright. This is how I found her a few minutes ago. Purp up over her head snoring gently. All three of her American Girl dolls close by, Mya sleeping by her feet.

1 comment: