Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 5

So here we are, Day 5. Who wouldve guessed my favorite day of the trip. This is us 9 am riding the tram into Animal Kingdom to meet up with Sharon (oh man I forgot her name). Anyhow it was this awesome girl whose sister works with April at the hospital. She works at Disney and gets so many passes every year. She got ALL THREE OF US in for FREE with hopper passes. Which means you can go to as many parks as you want in one day. OHHHHH little did my mom and April know what was in store for them.

She got us in at Animal Kingdom cause its the smallest park and the easiest to get into. I suggested trying to ride Expedition Everest since we were already there, and she decided to come with us. This is April waiting for the ride to take off.
She loved it.
We didn't stay very long. Basically just in and out. April has the basic idea what its like so when she goes back with her family she knows what to expect.

Of course we did stop for some pictures in front of the Tree of Life.



Then off to Magic Kingdom.
This is where I want to say thank you to April. I know she wanted to go but I also know she had some reservations. This is definitely somewhere that you want to take your children. I know that when we stepped onto Main Street she wished that her family was standing next to her but she never let it affect our day. Many of you tease me about Disney. I really don't care, I love it there. April was a trooper. Whether she loved it or not she sure acted like she did. She was wonderful friend to share my favorite place with. And thank you to Michael because even though I know you didn't want her to go I can guarantee that you'll be happy she went when she knows all the little secrets to make your first trip there as a family wonderful.


The judges tent, time to introduce April to my friends Mickey and Minnie.



Hats....oh how I love the Disney hats. I could do a scrapbook just on the hats.


We ate dinner at the castle. It was soooo yummy. When we first walked in we had our picture taken with Cinderella.
The dinner was great. We had a choice between 4 things for the main dish and we all choose prime rib.
While we were eating Belle, Jasmin, Aurora and Snow White all walked around to each table. I won't put up all those pictures but rest assured we got up and got our pics taken with each one of them. After dinner it was time to hit all the rides we missed.
My favorite this trip was Space Mountain. We rode it twice, much to my moms dismay. haha This is the ride that she screamed through the whole thing "oh my God, oh my God" and then towards to end "I think I just peed a little" Yup thats my mom.
So happy, what a great mom. She made me sad when she said she wished she was able to do this with me and Josh when we were little. I told her she could make up for it with Jacob and Sarah, haha. Deep down I think she loves it like I do.

I love this picture of us.
I truely hope she had a good time.


Right before we left for Epcot we were heading out and there was Chip and Dale and Pluto.
I must say that as beautiful of a day we had there was hardly any lines. The park seemed pretty full but we didn't wait more than 10 minutes for anything. I did notice that the crowd was mostly older retired folks and families with little children. I think that they just weren't riding all the rides that we were. Maybe doing more of the shows which seat alot of people at once. It was the best day weatherwise that I have had at the parks. Even though we started off fogging and misting it ended up sunny and low 70's.



While we were enjoying dinner I mentioned that the best ride in all of Disney (to me) is Soarin at Epcot. Then I said in my most convincing voice "Ya know we do have a hopper pass and we could go try to ride it" After my mom moaned and gave me a look of you've got to be kidding me, she agreed to my idea. April was up for anything. So after we did everything that April wanted to do at Disney (there were a few things that we saved for her first time with Michael and the kids) we got on the monorail and headed to Epcot.

WELLLLLLL the wait for Soarin was 50 minutes. I didn't really feel like waiting we were so tired but how could we miss it. So we stayed, the wait was long probably not 50 minutes but it was after 8 at night and we had been walking and riding and eating and shopping since 9 that morning. BUT LET ME TELL YOU it was so worth it.

My mom and April agreed, its awesome. I hope those of you going soon (Kelli and Kayla) truely appreciate this ride and love love love it (if you don't will you just tell me that you did please, thank you). So that ends Day 5. We got in the car shortly after 9 and it was a long ride home...still no stops at chick-fil-a.

My mom after 3 parks. April still ready to go. Next time we'll hit all 4 parks!!
I forgot to mention that I started my own pin lanyard so again those of you that are visiting soon feel free to pick out a pin for me while your there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment