Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Birthday weekend

We went to Surfari Joe's indoor water park/Ramada for the weekend for Jacobs birthday.
We stayed Fri and Sat nights. The kids spend most of the weekend in the water. They had two water slides. One to go down in the raft, as seen below, or one to go down without anything. I tried the second one, and I hated it. I love rides but for some reason I wanted it to be over 1 second after it started. I think it was because it was completely dark and I couldn't see where I was going. When I came flying out I almost drown. Needless to say I only went down once and never tried the raft. The kids loved both of them. Friday we just swam, and went to bed.

Saturday we had continental breakfast and then hit the pool again. We swam for a bit then went to the room for presents and cake. Once Jacob opened his lego gift he was useless. Thats all he wanted to do. So Sarah and I ate cake and tried to persuade them to go back to the pool (them cause Jeremy was now putting the lego thing together also). We ended up going to see Diary of a Wimpy kid, good movie. Very age appropriate for Jacob and we liked it too. Sunday we swam some more then went to Aunt Emily's for awhile. More about that in the next blog.

I can't believe this guy is 10. I still can see him as the chubby little guy that carried Carl around. He loved Thomas the Train, now he loves Legos.
He was a picky eater, he still is.
He had alot of black hair, he has super thick brown hair.
He loved to be hugged and cuddled....don't tell his friends but he still does.
He is a wonderful, thoughtful, smart kid and I'm lucky to be his mom.
Happy 10th Birthday Jacob!

No comments:

Post a Comment