Saturday, March 6, 2010

being defriended

Ok so this happened a week or so ago but I have been thinking about it since. Of the three of us that were defriended I believe the other two have said their piece and are over it. Me, I've been thinking about it and trying to decide if I care or not. At first I felt happy, thankful that it was done. I had been thinking about doing it but didn't have the heart or guts to do it. I think its mean, plain and simple. Its a silly thing but to me its like saying I'm writing you off, I'm done with you. I had been thinking about doing it because I was tired of reading all of the "oh poor me" status updates and then all of the "oh you are wonderful, how dare they not be your friend and judge you the way they did" replies. It was like just when I thought we had gotten past what had happened all of a sudden a new status would pop up, and yes you are correct in saying that I don't know they were about me and the situation but just like she made the assumptions that mine were about her, then I was assuming that hers were about me and us. The difference with that is I wouldn't have let others bad mouth her/them, I wouldn't have let others write on my page what a horrible person she was or let them judge her for something she said or did. To me a true friend would have each others back, I wouldn't let another friend or relative bad mouth them. Besides the fact that this was between her and I, only her and I and then all of a sudden Ive got a mom and dad, then aunts and cousins and friends and peeps calling me a bad person cause I spoke my mind. I know im rambling but bear with me.....
Back when this all started I gave my opinion, right, whether she spoke the words "Nicole what do you think about this situation" or not, it was a given she wanted to know what I thought. So I told her. I thought she was having an affair, he was still married, he may have been unhappy but it was still a marriage. She contributed to the failure of the marriage. He was miserable, he slept on the couch, he didn't love her....thats what they make divorce for. He wasn't divorced and back when he developed the feelings for her he was still married. End of it! Thats my opinion, I didn't say I am right, I didn't say I hate you for doing this and I'll never be your friend again, I didn't say your an awful horrible person. At that moment I knew we would get past this. Yes I may have trouble accepting him but I wouldve gotten over it. We wouldn't have ever been the 6 of us again because things had changed to much. My feelings were so hurt at first because everyone I talked to (meaning the bffers and husbands)felt the same way but yet it was me that was the bad person. ok I'm getting off track here...what I'm trying to say is that I don't know where it all went wrong. And now reading some of the things that lovely facebook has published I realized that even though they can make me feel bad about how I felt maybe they weren't the friends that I thought they were. Their whole family and all their friends know the situation I can guarantee that and they've all formed these horrible opinions of me because of what I "did" to her how could we ever be friends again. It keeps coming up that friends don't judge and they don't walk away and they are loyal. Well where the hell is that loyalty to me, why is it ok for everyone and their neighbor to get on their facebook page and tell them that they were right and I am horrible for doing what I did. What the fuck did I do besides tell you what I thought. If I was stepping out on my marriage or doing something incredibly dumb I would expect to be told, and I would hope that I would be a loyal friend and learn from the situation. SO thank you facebook thank you for being there for her to complain to and thank you for allowing everyone she knows to build her back up and make her feel ok about her decisions because eventually I thought thats what I would be doing for her, thank God she has you. I'm honestly happy to not be able to read their status updates anymore, I can move on. I wish her, her family, her new friends, and especially her children a wonderful life.

5 comments:

  1. and thank goodness they won't be reading this. I know this cause supposedly the reason she gave for defriending was because it was just too painful to read what was goin on in our lives....so what reason would they have for reading this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a strong person Nicole.. you never once faltered or wavered in what you believe. For that I am proud of you.

    I am happy to know that if i am being stupid you ( Mesha and Kelli Too) will bring me back to reality.

    With that being said... Here is to the future!May Friendships continue to strengthen and grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can’t we ALL just get along? For the record! The person in question had NOTHING to do with the state of my marriage. AND quite frankly it’s none of your business! BUT since you have to know here it goes... The marriage failed b/c two people couldn't get a long any more. Believe me WE tried to work it out, counseling, a minister, a last ditch effort to have a "romantic" vacation together to try and rekindle things between us… etc, etc, etc… but it just didn’t work. I truly, honestly wish things could have been different between the ex and me. I wish our vacation would have gone better. I wish we could have lived the life we dreamed of when we started our journey together 13 years ago. But it didn’t go so smooth and that SUCKS! I miss my boys more than anything, I miss the fun family stuff that just happened between fights but… when your kids start to yell/argue more than they talk. When they ask you… dad why do sleep on the couch? The answer was oh buddy dad just fell asleep watching TV. Which was true… but I was on the couch watching TV because we had another argument. When the only love your kids see is, you two fighting… WHAT DO YOU DO? I don’t want to force her to be someone she’s not just to make me happy. What happens a year or two down the road when she gets sick of acting?
    So… on to you guys… I’m sorry you guys can’t work this stuff out. I’ve told her several times to just leave me… because she needs her BFF’s. You’re all hurting right now and it really sucks to see good friendships affected by something I (yes I) contributed to. You guys had an awesome relationship and it KILLS me to think that you’re fighting over this stuff. I want you to know that I had a good time at the party, April thank you for the invitation. It was a little awkward (I’ll admit) meeting you all and getting to know you but I appreciate you making the effort. If there’s anything I said or did to set this all off I’m truly sorry. I’m also sorry my ‘stuff’ got in the way of your friendships.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow things are really dramatic up in Michigan!! There is quite a bit of personal information posted above that should probably be kept to themselves or emailed to the blogger personally. Y'all act like you're 16 years old and that everybody in the world cares about every problem that you have. I think some people need to GROW UP!! From what I can read, this blog never posted names or said anything about you and your ex-wife's problems so it's big of you to think that everybody wants to know every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And since he didn't think to leave this private, I'll just address it here as well. And that brings up a huge point I was trying to make. I was very vague about what I was talking about, yet he feels the need to be as detailed as he can. The post above wasn't about you John it was about a friendship and if you can tell me that your relationship with your wife is none of my business then I can tell you that my relationship with my friends is none of yours. Did you notice where I said "end of it"? My blog isn't somewhere you can come and "explain" yourself. Believe me I've heard it already. I never asked to hear it from you, I received enough details from her. The part you failed to mention above (and again I am just telling you what I know from her) there were feelings there for her long before you called it quits with your wife, thats where my problem was. But again I don't care, I am done with it. Everyones said their piece including you now so if your happy with your excuses and those that love you are happy with your excuses thats fantastic. What I find myself wondering is what was the point of you commenting? Too once again get the last word about what happened? To explain your marriage to people (who already know) so that you don't seem like the bad guy. Too make things better? This was about the friendship and my side, not about your marriage and once again why I am wrong about it being an affair. I agree with many things that you said we did have a great friendship, and yes you were what started this mess but the end of the friendship wasn't about you so you can take that off your shoulders. Ive heard she's blissfully happy and thats what matters why should this. Stay off my blog, if you have something else to say you are welcome to send me a message on facebook, Im pretty sure you don't have to be my friend to do that. And also thanks for the little comment to April about "inviting" you over, I also thank her she's a great friend.

    ReplyDelete