Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dear Husbands

Dear Husbands,
When you are on the way home from spending a great afternoon with friends and your wife asks you how much gas is in the trail blazer and you say its almost empty and she then says can we stop and get some so I don't have to get some in the morning when its colder and I am running late but then she sees you don't really want to do that and she says stop and I'll pump the gas myself so you don't have to since I can see that you don't want to.....(whew take a breath). That DOES NOT mean stop at the gas station and sit in the trail blazer while she pumps the gas. Yes I know thats what I said but that IS NOT what I meant. What happened to chivalry? Really did you not see that I was HOPING that you would help me out and put gas in the dang blazer for me. What kind of message are you sending your son and daughter? Geesh! I don't like asking for help, I was hoping that you would just help out of the goodness of your heart.
Signed,
Your frustrated wife

Dear Son,
When you grow up and have a girlfriend/wife please make sure that her vehicle has gas in it. Don't ask her if her vehicle needs it, don't ask her if she would like you to fill er up. Just very quietly do it. This is your job.
On a side note...if you're in one of those "I am woman hear me roar" relationships (God help you) you probably should make it known that you noticed her vehicle needs gas and say something like "I know your capable of getting your own gas, but I thought it might be nice if I filled up your car for you. Is that ok"
On second thought you should probably just ask me if the girl you are with needs to be asked or if she is a just fill it up kinda girl. That would be best!
Signed,
Your loving mother

Dear Daughter,
If you are dating a man that never notices that your car needs gas and NEVER surprises you with a full tank of gas...dump his ass, there are other fish in the sea.
Signed,
Your loving mother

No comments:

Post a Comment