Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

So it's Valentine's Day today and we've all had a pretty good day.
I bought Jeremy some new shoes for reenacting that he needed.
He bought me a super cute camera bag from etsy.  Neither of us got our presents in the mail yet but I think we're both pretty pleased and don't mind waiting lol.
Jeremy and I also went to lunch at bdubs. He offered dinner or lunch and I thought there would be a lot less crowds for lunch.  It was yummy of course.
He also surprised me with chocolates and a card.
 
 I put together this little gift for him from the kids.  I found the idea on pinterest and changed it up a little bit.  His favorite candies are reeces pieces so it worked out pretty well
 I made it to Sarah's Valentines party.  I wasn't going to go but it is her last party.
Her last party before she goes to middle school.  boooooo
Next year she's all grown up, no more school parties.
I was so sad.  I don't think she cared at all so I didn't make a big deal about it.
 Here she is with some of her buddies.  Max in the front in the orange coat has been one of her best buddies since 1st grade.  I hope they'll continue with the friendship through middle and high school.
So all in all we did have a good day.  I know there are a lot of people out there that hate Valentines Day.  I think its a hyped up Hallmark holiday but it sure is nice to have a special holiday to tell the people that mean the most to you how much they mean. 
Plus it gives the kids at work a really good reason to bring goodies to school and have a party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment