Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturdays

We had a pretty busy Saturday, errands and nasty weather can make for a long day.
First stop, Ann's Pet Parlor for Tuckers grooming appt.  Nothing to report here other than the fact that the groomer wears a ridiculous hair piece and I can't stop staring at her. 
 Sorry no pics, too obvious.
Next stop Springfield Farmer's Market. 
I had heard about a new cupcake shop opening up and wanted to check it out.
Bumbleberries
So glad we stopped .
 Flavors from top to bottom, left to right.
Guiness (yes made with Guiness beer) this was Jeremys pick,
Key Lime, mmmm reminds me of mom,
Maple Bacon, yes bits of bacon on top.  This was picked for Jacob.
Root beer Float, Sarahs pick.
Mocha, oh yes this ones for me.
Apple Strudel, just for fun.
 Jacob thought this was the coolest thing ever.
He said that the actual cupcake tasted like pancakes.
I think his taste buds were tasting the maple and his brain thought of syrup, so then of course he thought of pancakes.
 
 I tasted it, it was good.
 Jacob says he would order it again.
 Sarah picked the root beer float one just like I thought she would.
 This one has not been eaten yet so I can't say what we think.
I love the heart cookie on top.
 Mocha oh how I love you.
This was AHmazing.
There was a delicious chocolate frosting on top of the cupcake and then another big chunk of chocolate frosing topped with a vanilla flavored chunk on the very top.
I ate it with a fork and loved every bite.
 
So after dog grooming, cupcake shopping, grocery shopping, getting gas, returning library books, buying biggby coffee, picking up the last of the lumber for Sarah's loft bed, and shopping at TJMaxx for luggage for our Disney trip we finally made it home.
 
 I decided to make White Chicken Chili.
I've never made it before.
I've had recipes, I've eaten it at others houses, but never myself.
The best I've ever had was from my friend Korey in Florida.
She was such a great cook but her white chicken chili was my favorite.
 I'm so glad I made it. 
The house smelled great and even better it tasted great.
I also made cornbread.
 The above picture is before I added the cheese and sour cream.  The sour cream is what makes the white chicken chili "white" so thats why it's not white YET.
 
I pinned the recipe I used.
Last stop of the day was at TJMaxx
.  I wanted to look at luggage for our Disney trip.  We don't have any big pieces anymore so we have to buy some before we leave in April.
 While I was there I had to check out the pet section.
 They have the cutest stuff.
  I ended up buying Tucker a new bed.
  Its so super soft.
  And as you can see from the picture above he kinda likes it.
 
So it was a busy day.
I sit here blogging, watching dvred shows, and listening to the saw in the garage.
  Jeremy is almost done with Sarah's bed.
  We'll all be happy when its done.

No comments:

Post a Comment