Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

We spent Memorial Day weekend up in Harrison again this year.  We went to Wilson state park.  It didn't take long for me to remember why it isn't my favorite park.  The traffic is horrific and loud and it is so dirty.  Because it is shaded so nicely the sites are pretty much all dirt.  And it rained, ugh!
We did go to my dads in Wolverine on Saturday and the kids got some 4-wheeling in.  Jeremy took Sarah back in the woods much to her dismay.  We had a yummy bbq of hamburgers and a beautiful day.  It was a long drive but I am so glad that we went.  I miss seeing my dad and it makes me happy to see him healthy and doing good.
The look of fear on Sarahs face!

My view from where I was riding.  yes I let Jacob drive, crazy I know.

Sometimes they like each other!

We spent most of the day there and then headed back to the camp site.  We had left the dogs at the camper and needed to let them out.  I sure wish my dad lived closer to us so we could see him more.
Daddy teaching his girl how to drive a 4-wheeler

you can't tell that it is raining and storming
 It was a great weekend but we were sure happy to get home and get showers.  I'm still doing laundry and trying to get that camp smell out of everything.  When I turned the suburban on Tuesday morning a big puff of dust came blowing out the air conditioner vents.  It was so dusty/dirty.  Next year I think we'll be trying a different park....but I think I said that last year.
My little peanut

No comments:

Post a Comment