Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mother's Day

I don't know why I feel so emotional today. I'm spending the day with my wonderful children on Mother's Day doing my favorite thing, nothing. 
lol
I love a lazy Sunday.  I think they would all rather go to dinner, maybe catch a movie.  I'm feeling a little weepy.  I really miss my mom.  I know she'll be here in a month of so but its been 6 months since I've seen her and I think thats just too long.  I sent her flowers yesterday and I asked for something "different" they sent her a CRAZY arrangement with orange and purple as the main colors.  She loved it so I guess thats all that matters.


Sarah made me this wonderful book.  Her teacher bought them all these notebooks and on each page she wrote something about her and I, or about why she loves me.

It's amazing what children think of when they have to write about their moms.  Some of the things that I thought didn't matter much are what she wrote about.  She wrote about us making chocolate banana bread.

This page was my favorite.  It says "I like being with my mom the most when my dad and brother go to camp outs and we are alone."  Because Jake and Jeremy go to Boy Scout camp outs a lot Sarah and I get the chance to have a lot of mommy/Sarah days.  I'm glad she likes them as much as I do
Very true she does have my green eyes.

And this one made me laugh out loud. 
"My moms secret talent is singing"
hahahaha
I can't carry a tune for anything, warms my heart that she thinks I can. 
Best present ever.

From Jeremy and the kids I received the last charm on the bracelet, next to the cupcake. 
Thats right an official Mickey Mouse charm.  Hopefully this one won't turn green like my other fake MM charms. 
EDIT: I realized after I went back and read this that it sounds like I am saying I got another "fake" MM charm....which is not true.  The charm I received for Mother's day is a chamila charm and my previous MM charms are fake ones from Disney.  So that is why my new charm will not turn green like my old charms.  Make sense? Good!!
 I LOVE IT!
It's been a great day today.
Even though we can't be with our moms I'm very thankful to have them in our lives.  I hope that those that get to spend the day with their moms truely appreciate them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment