Friday, April 6, 2012

Dad

Direct quote from my dad tonight
"it's official im so healthy its sickening. honest my near death was highly exaggerated"
That was the text I received from him.
I'm assuming he went to the doctor today and thats what they told him.
I'm so happy, relieved, and grateful.
I know he won't live forever but I'm most certainly not ready to lose him.
I can't describe the feeling I had while driving the 4 hrs to Petosky.
I can't even imagine him not around. I can't wrap my brain around the fact that my dad won't always be here. I cried some tears and prayed some prayers but nothing made me feel any better till I walked into that hospital room and saw him there alive. He doesn't like when I cry, neither does my brother. I can't help it I'm a crier, thats how I express myself. BUT I held it in. When I saw him laying there with my own two eyes I just wanted to go to him, fall on his chest and start bawling. BUT I didn't. I took a couple deep breaths and said "Hi dad, how are you feeling" When what I wanted to do was yell at the top of my lungs, "Thank you dear GOD I wasn't ready to lose this man"
So with that I will say "THANK YOU DEAR GOD I AM NOT READY TO LOSE THIS MAN"

1 comment:

  1. our mortality and the mortality of our family is coming more into focus... I share those exact feelings... we are too young to not have our parents and our kids are definately to young to not have their grandparents!!!

    ReplyDelete