Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Halloween pet peeve

I don't understand why people can't

1. Trick or Treat in their own dang neighborhood (unless accompanying a family that lives in said neighborhood, like Cortnie and her kids)

2. PARK AND WALK...really are you that lazy that you can't walk with your child/ren while they run from house to house. Do these people realize how much more dangerous they make our neighborhoods? I actually saw a pick up truck with it's tailgate down with three older (like 13 or so) kids sitting on the tailgate. The driver would slow down the kids would jump off, run up to the house, and then run to catch up to the truck and jump back on the tailgate.



3. Tell their children that once they are a certain age that maybe they are too old for trick or treating...I'm talking like 16-17. We saw two teenage girls walking down the road chatting on their cell phones while trick or treating. Mesha thinks their car was parked up around the corner, once you can drive you can't trick or treat. We even saw a couple teens carrying a toddler while trick or treating. And while I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that it was their younger sibling they were carrying, I'm pretty sure that it was their own child. So I guess I'm saying once you've born your own child you probably shouldn't trick or treat.


All that being said this year was bitter sweet for me. While I had a great day and night with some wonderful friends, I couldn't help remembering what we were doing last year. I believe it was one of the last times the bffs and their husbands spent all together. I'm sad for what used to be but believe that what happened was beneficial to all. I see a happy, hopeful, woman in the woman that was fraught with worry and doubt last year so to you Cortnie I say Happy November 1st and best wishes on an exciting year ahead!!!

1 comment:

  1. Finally getting caught up on blog posts. I love you Nicole! It was quite bittersweet; remembering how things were when we did everything as couples. That's the part of my marriage I miss the most! But like you said, I too look forward to an exciting year ahead. I finally have a chance to not only love but feel loved in return, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete