Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Waiting for baby, Baby Stories


The Nursery, banner made by Emily, wall art made by Momma Mesha

Johnny, happy to have visitors to play with.

So many baby things, elephant made by Kelli, for all her hair pretties.
 
You all know by now how very excited I am for Charlee to arrive.  I watch her momma grow bigger and bigger every day.  I feel like we're ready.  And by we're I mean myself and her parents lol.
The birthing class has been taken, the room has been prepped, the bag(s) have been packed, the clothes have been washed, I'm ready.   My camera is charged.  I've tried to keep my calendar clear. 
 I've had two friends in my life that have gone through "having baby" issues. 
 Serious baby having issues. 
My first friend is a friend from high school.  She is kind hearted, giving, smart, sophisticated and beautiful.  Her and her husband were happy.  They had an amazing life.  Great jobs, beautiful house, just happy people.  But they didn't have any kids and seemed ok with that.  One by one each of us (our group of friends) had babies.  Expanded our families but still for them, no babies.  And still ok with that. You see my friend was/is dealing with some medical issues.  Issues she never wanted her children to deal with so in order for her to have babies there would be many steps and cost for her to be sure that her children wouldn't deal with these same issues. 
Every time I would see her she would talk about being a mommy, ask questions about being a mom.  It was so hard to understand where she was coming from but I always feel like I tried.  Sometimes after being with her my heart would break that she would never know what it feels like to be a mom.  I prayed that she would change her mind.  I think I kind of removed myself from that part of her life because I wanted to be happy for her and their decision but it just made me really sad. 
 I'll never forget the day I opened my mail to a card that announced that she was pregnant.  I think I cried for a half hour before I called her.  Her and her husband had decided to try, to get drs help and make it possible.  I'm happy to say that today she has a beautiful little girl and I think now she knows what I was talking about when I said "you won't understand that feeling until you have a child of your own"  And all those doubts and fears about being a mom, I think she now understands that we all have those fears but everything just works out it in the end.  

 
babysitter Sarah, practicing
 
My second friend would be Charlee's mom.  This friends story is a little different.  See she always wanted to have children.  I think when she got married she always knew she would have a baby.  Not right away, she married young.  I think they wanted to be "ready" whether financially or emotionally. 
The problem is when that time came, it didn't happen.  They watched baby after baby come into peoples lives and hoped for their own. 
Man was it heartbreaking. 
To watch someone that wants a baby so bad take care of other peoples babies everyday is a heartbreaker.  And then to watch her give up or start to give up or try to give up was the worst.  I still prayed and I know others prayed. 
And then it happened, finally
And then it happended, devastation.
The questions, the tears, miscarriage.
Only to be followed shortly by another miracle.  And this time Charlee!
After all the sorrow and grief a bright end to this story.  She isn't born yet but like I said above, I'm ready.
I think its safe to say that this little girl is going to be a pretty special little girl. 
 
 I'll never understand the hows and whys of pregnancies and how Gods mind works, of course not, but I do know two little girls that are so very blessed to have my friends as their mommies!!
 
 

1 comment: