Wednesday, April 3, 2013

U of M and the Girl Scouts

 
For the anniversary of the girl scouts they were having special programs all over Michigan.  There were 5 activities during the year and we were able to do the last one at U of M. 
The girl scouts do such a good job of letting girls explore all sorts of opportunities. 
Before heading to U of M we went to the girl scout headquarters and watched a bridging ceremony.
Inside the building, where it was much warmer, they had booths set up with all kinds of things for girls to do.
 
 The girls got a bunch of freebies and made a couple crafts.
Sarah got to test out a violin, not too bad.
 
 Of course there was a gift shop and she had to get a new stuffed animal. 
Once we finished up here we went to Mcdonalds for lunch and then on to U of M.
 Inside one of the technology buildings the girls got to make slime, build a DNA model, and watch a wild animal demo.
 I had never been to U of M so I was checking everything out.  It is such an amazing campus. 
I truly hope that one of my children will be lucky enough to go there someday.
 
 There were a lot of activities going on all over the campus.  We walked a lot and Marilyn said we didn't even see the whole campus.  The girls were able to make a duct tape wallet, paint with several different types of paint, chalk, and stencils, build a fairy door, and attend a concert.
Oh yeah we went to Sarah's first concert. 
Hailey and Chloe
Yep I had never heard of them.
Apparently they sing TMI
Yep I hadn't heard that song either.
I'm willing to bet that at least 50% of the audience hadn't heard of them or their song BUT you wouldn't have known that from the amount of screaming that the audience did when they announced them.  OMGosh I had never heard that kind of screaming before and I've been to several concerts.  It was deafening.  (sorry about spelling)
Anyhow we didn't stay for the whole concert because our girls were tired and didn't know who H&C were.
So we left a little early and beat the crowds leaving.
It was a fun day.  I haven't loved all of our girl scout outtings but this one was fun and I would totally do something like this again.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment