Thursday, November 29, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree 2012

We had a great time getting our tree on Sunday with Josh, Allison, and Chase.  Of course when we got home Sunday night we had to put it up right away.
I remember being a kid and going to get our tree.  We always cut one down from somewhere.  We would spend a LONG time picking out the perfect tree, my dad hated it.  Or pretended he hated it. 
But when we got it home we had to put it up and "let the branches fall"  " let it warm up" What a load of bull crap.  I couldn't wait to decorate the tree.  We always had to wait, sometimes till the next day.  What a punishment.  I vowed to never make my kids wait.  We cut it down, drive it home, put it up, get lights on it, and BAM its decorated!! 


I treasure this time.  It's only a matter of time before my kids won't want to help decorate.  We go through all the ornaments, talk about where we got them.  I have several from my Uncle Gary from when I was growing up.  Jeremy has several that his mom gave us from when he was growing up.  He even has an original Elf on the Shelf.  We never knew who he was till a few years ago.  We just thought he was an ugly antique elf.  Who knew he was watching us all these years. 


It's one of those times that the kids get along and are helpful to each other.  We get it done pretty quickly since we're all helping. 
I do have to say that this years tree is the smallest I think that Jeremy and I have ever had.  Even in our small apartment and small house on Weeks.  Its pretty.  Just doesn't have that wow factor for me.  Jeremy is pleased that the top isn't jamming into the ceiling.  I do think it looks better since it doesn't look like the top of it is upstairs in Sarah's room.  I guess I just like a fatter tree.   




It's a pretty tree.
Made more pretty by the tree skirt that my grandma Hartley made for my mom and dad many years ago. 
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment