Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 2

Our day started off with some garage saling. One of my favorite spring time things to do. We went to a couple sales but didn't really find too much. In a previous post I put up a picture of a fabulous house that we went to. Great paint job and eccentric people.
After garage saling mom and Terry took us over to Terry's parents, Jack and Lorraines house. They live on a golf course so of course we had to hit a couple. It is a really nice neighborhood with lots of covered pools and lanais lol. From there we went over to Terrys brother Tims house. Tim and Cheryl had some company from Mi also, Leonard and Ed. More blogs about these fellas later.


Mom and Terry and Tim and Cheryl were great host. They had all kinds of fun things planned for us. They had lots of places they wanted to take us. So we were off. Little did April and I know that the places they wanted to take us were all the little biker bars that they hang out at. I went to more bars this day than I do in a whole year of my life. I must say it was fun, interesting but fun.
I like to say this was our first stop but we hit a flea market before this bar and then we had to beg to go get something to eat. So off we go.
Ok so I'm not sure if this bar/restuarant was called the Freezer or the IceBox cause everyone we were with called it something different. I think it was an old ice house that they turned into a bar. It was a fish market in the front where people brought their coolers and loaded up fresh seafood off the boats.


But in the back there was a bar that sold the best seafood. April and I both had lobster. My first time eating a lobster I was super glad that April was there to show me how to eat it. It was a neat tiki type bar. They only sold beer and I'm pretty sure there was only two people working the bar. You had to go up to the bar to order, there were no waitresses. Your food also came out in styrofoam to go boxes with plastic silverware. And forget someone coming by to ask if everything was ok or to bring you some napkins.



Good Times. We stopped at this destination to see monkeys and manatees.....we did in fact see some monkeys.


It wasn't just called Monkey Island cause thats a great name for a bar. There actually is an island that has monkeys on it. There are four monkeys hanging around on an island in the middle of this lake.

They swear you could see manatees from these bars but we didn't see one. In fact at the infamous trailer park Manatee Bar there was so much oil and gas in the water that I don't think a manatee could've lived in there and there is no way we wouldve been able to see one.

Her expression says it all....wtf am I doing here!

We went to some interesting places on Day 2, places I probably wouldn't have gone into by myself, and it was a fabulous experience. Another day in my moms crazy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment