Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas update....

I'm blogging from my inlaws house so there won't be any pictures. I hope to put some up tonight when I get home. We are waiting on everyone to arrive to celebrate Christmas with Jeremy's family. Waiting, waiting, waiting....kinda stinks cause once everyone gets here and we eat and do presents it will be time for us to leave and they'll all just be settling in. The car is packed so we'll be ready when we need to go.
We arrived in Bay City on Friday afternoon and after dropping my mom off at the Irwins in Saginaw and dropping Mya off at the Buschlens in Essexville we headed over to my dads. For once we weren't the last to arrive. It was a great day of catching up with the family. The kids played and my dad made the most awesome prime rib for dinner. We probably would've stayed later but Jacob threw up. Yup you read that right, he threw up. So we packed up and left. He ended up getting sick again in the night but was TOTALLY fine when we got up on Sat. I am guessing by the pile of vomit in the snowpile outside that he ate junk all day. Peppermint candies make pretty vomit!!
Saturday morning we went back over to my dads to have Christmas with dad and Lorraine, Josh and Allison, and Ryan and Lee. On Friday we didn't do gifts cause we don't exchange with the whole family. Dad and Lorraine made a breakfast casserole and we had yummy pastries. Once presents were opened with just visited for awhile. Later in the afternoon we went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks with Allison and Chase, cute movie. Jacob spent the night with them so it was a quiet evening.
Today we've pretty much just been waiting on everyone to get here. Dinner is done, presents are under the tree and now we're waiting. Notice I said waiting like a hundred times. LOL I would just really like to be heading home. The kids are anxious to play with their toys they got and I would really like to play with my new Sims game.
I got the cutest Vera Bradley purse too. I am pretty sure I got everything on my list this year. I'm looking forward to spending my gift cards. When we get home I'll upload some pictures and tell you all the fun things we got from Santa.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you had a good Christmas and enjoyed spending time with family. Bummer about Jacob getting sick though! Glad he seems to be back to normal now. My mom's family ended up getting together Saturday night for munchies and games. It was the first time we've spent time together over Christmas since my grandparents moved 15 years ago! It was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to know peppermint makes pretty puke. i will file that away.

    ReplyDelete