Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Christmas Post

My favorite things!

Favorite Christmas movie~ Right now would have to be "Elf" and I think a big part of the reason is I love to hear Sarah and Jacob laugh. The real belly laugh, Jacob has the goofiest laugh I hope it never changes. I also love the ABC Family movies this time of year. Polar Express is another favorite.
Favorite Christmas gift~would definitely have to be my Coach purse from Jeremy last year.
Favorite Christmas cookie~I have an old family recipe, I think it was my grandmas but my Aunt Kathy claims that it was originally one that she found. And the best part is that I don't give it out to anyone, kinda makes it extra special.
Favorite Christmas candy/snack~I love puppy chow, I don't like to make it but it sure is yummy. I also like ritz crackers with peanut butter dipped in chocolate.
Favorite Christmas commercial~Folgers, love when the son comes home in the early morning and makes coffee, waking everyone up.
Favorite Christmas drink~hot cocoa and egg nog
Favorite Christmas meal~pierogies and polish sausage, makes me think of grandma. I hope to pass the tradition down to my kids. If I could only get them to try them.
Favorite Christmas decoration~this is a tough one....I love my tree every year, no matter how big it is...but I also have several others. I love my nativity and it will always make me think of my grandma Hartley who bought me most of the pieces. I also love my snowmen, several people know that I collect them now and I usually receive several for Christmas gifts.
Favorite Christmas book~The one about the Herdmans. I think its the Worst Christmas Pageant Ever.
Favorite Christmas carol~traditional would be The Christmas Song or Winter Wonderland but I also love Baby It's Cold Outside and Mr. Heatmiser and Thisel Hair the Christmas Bear and All I Want for Christmas is a Real Good Tan hahahaha
Favorite Christmas tradition~Just being with family. I struggle every year with the thought of not being in Bay City for Christmas. My kids are ready to be in their own home. They want to open presents at home and stay here and play all day. I miss being with my extended family. I know that they all get together and I want to be with them too. I also enjoy going to church on Christmas, I love the worship and the reminder of why we celebrate this holiday.

What are your Favorite Christmas Things?

No comments:

Post a Comment