Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I love my job!

So on Tuesday I had to spend my day at KCC, Kellogg Community College. For my job we go there and set up a table, somewhat for advertising somewhat for recruiting employees. Melissa from the Oakland site was kind enough to join me for the day so I wouldn't have to be alone.
The Bruin bear (I have no idea what his mascot name is) came around and posed for pictures. Once again proof that I am working so hard.
Much to Melissa and I's delight we were seated right next to the planned parenthood booth. Oh the things people will tell perfect strangers. They were handing out free condoms and something called a dental dam. Since I don't want to be offensive a dental dam is for protection during oral sex....I know hmmmmm?

Here is a list of some of the things we heard while sitting quietly in our chairs.
TO BE CONTINUED......THE CEILING JUST STARTED LEAKING EVERYWHERE!!!
Ok back to the post. Here is my list
1. "Are these made out of shark oil?" (referring to condoms, beggers can't be choosers)
2. Man "These are flavored condoms." Student "Alright! The edible ones!"
3. Man referring to condoms "The color isn't really for anything, its just an eye grabber"
4. student taking a handful of condoms "wow they only gave us one at Bronco Bash"
5. Cute blond picks up a dental dam and a crazy looking woman says "Don't take that, those are for lesbians" to which the blond drops it like its on fire.
6. student asking about a dental dam "OHHHH I thought it was for dental work" man says "nope it lays over your vulva"
7. Someone at the booth on the other side of us says to a girl "are you a baseball player" to which the girl responds "yes I am" and they said back to her "I thought so, you look like one" WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???
You can not imagine all the people that walked up to this booth not having any idea what was being handed out, and then watching most of their faces as they tried to sneak away without being obvious. Although there were a handful of people, mostly boys, that took one of each sample and more if they could.
Then theres this girl. Please don't intrepred this, I am not making fun of her. That being said, she was there ALL DAY, just hanging out. The event was from 11-3 and most people walked through one time, went to class and then went home.

Not this girl. Melissa and I think she lived nearby and was just hanging out for the day.
She did acquire many samples. and thought about face painting....

but mostly she just stood around and watched people.

Were we on tv? Hmmmm

This dude reminded me of the old guy from "UP" He was with the chess club.
and this guy was just plain creepy...that being said he was signing up at the planned parenthood booth to be a mentor, yes for children. SCARY....probably for Urbandale schools. lol April










No comments:

Post a Comment