Friday, September 4, 2009

more kenny

Found this article and I know its past my week of Kenny but I was wonderin if maybe I could do a once a week Kenny????? That way you would know its coming and you could just skip over it if you wanted to.....Anyways he mentioned Detroit so I had to post it. I heart Kenny!


Billboard: What's your takeaway from this summer?
Chesney: This year I felt, in a way, more appreciative than ever. The other night in Detroit, right before I walked off stage, I told the fans, "I want you to know that I know what it took for you guys to come here tonight, and I appreciate it." I have an appreciation for what the fans have gone through this year to see us play. That's something I've thought about a lot on tour this year. I know it didn't have to be this good, and it was.
The way the world is right now, you should wake up every day and thank God that anybody cares about your music. There's so many things that get in people's head. Parts of the business have suffered, but the one thing I think people can't live without is experiencing the music you love live. That's what I love about live music, being a part of a shared moment for a couple of hours. It's like church service. It's like a revival. The other night in Detroit was like a revival. Unbelievable. All of a sudden they had something to cheer about, and I felt it. You can't replace that.

1 comment:

  1. kenny sure cheered me up. economy what? haha i can handle kenny once a week.

    ReplyDelete