Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Lot of Things Different


I went over to Cortnie, Jerry, and Kathie's house today to give my condolences to them for their brother Mike, and Uncle Mike. What do you say at a time like this, I'm sorry seems so cliche'. But I am sorry, I'm sorry that there were things left unsaid. I'm sorry that they have to play the "shouldve done this, shouldve done that" game. I'm sorry that a mother had to lose her son, a wife her husband, two sons their dad, three sisters their brother. I'm sorry that there is so much anger towards a man that made a mistake, a huge mistake. In their shoes I would feel the anger too. How many times have people gotten in their cars thinking that those couple drinks they had weren't gonna make a difference, in this instance those couple of drinks are going to make a huge difference in the lifes of many people. They say that our paths are already chosen for us the moment we are born but I have to wonder what puts us on those paths. What made that man, Ivan Jones, drink that much and think that he could be on the road at 4 in the morning? I bet he's sitting around today wishing he would've done a lot of things different. To the Slack/Converse family, I'm so sorry.

1 comment: