Friday, September 19, 2014

White's Beach Part 2

I can't remember the last time I saw my cousin Tony.
  I'm sure its been around 20 years. 
 He's the guy on the far right. 
This is the cousins picture. 
Me, Josh, Amber, Michelle, and Tony 


This was the best party ever. 
All of the family together, celebrating Mom and Josh's birthdays. 
Terry's brother Tim hired a great band that played fun music for a couple hours.
Several people brought campers and motorhomes to spend the night.  The kids and I stayed in Josh and Allison's camper. 



We started the morning getting ready.  Getting the tents up and food ready.  Most everyone brought a dish to pass so there was tons of food.  Mom made alligator stew and it was SO good.  I'd say the party went off without a hitch. 
Great timing for me, surrounded by family, a whole lot of fun!


Mom and I got photobombed by two weirdos! 



And then there's the sisters.  When I see the three of them together I sincerely wish I would've had a sister.  It makes me so happy to know that my mom has so much support and love during this time.

There were so many people there telling her that they would be there for her.  Telling her that if she needed anything that they would help out.  She's got a long road ahead of her but after this weekend I feel confident she's going to be ok. 



This was the band that played.  Tim thought he was being funny and told everyone he hired this old polka band to play.  Not so much!
These guys were great.  They played a lot of rock and roll, the good stuff.
It was awesome to see Terry sitting out in the yard in a lawn chair talking to everyone.  Once in awhile I would glance at him and see him just looking around.  He's such a hard ass but I know he had to have felt great to have everyone there.  In the long run we said we were celebrating the birthdays but I know that most everyone was there to see Terry.  How many people can say that they were able to have a send off like this. 
Terry's doing ok now, they are on the way back to Fl and hopefully he'll get into the dr and we'll get an update on how he truly is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment