Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Colorful Saturday


A couple months ago Allison asked Sarah to join her in a 5k color run. The run was September 13th.   Sarah had just ran with the Girls on the Run program back in May so she knew she could do it and said yes.  It was a color run, for the United Way, a fun run.  No times, no medals!  Just a whole lot of color thrown on you in various stations throughout the race.  It was in Midland so we headed out fairly early on Saturday.  Josh and I dropped them off at the start line.  We then went to the finish line and found a coffee shop to wait for them.  We had the opportunity to sit and talk for awhile just the two of us.  I loved it.
Somehow we had perfect timing and the first runners were crossing the finish line as we headed over.  We bought some extra color to toss on our runners and waited. 


Acting goofy before the run even starts.


Cousins, hopefully life long friends
These two stuck together and finished strong, running around the corner and past us to the finish line.

Sarahs favorite part might've been the snacks at the end of the race. 




And they did it, all 4 finished the race with smiles on their faces. 

I couldn't love these two any more.


And these two, my support system right now.  Keeping me going, keeping me positive, keeping me smiling, there whenever I need them. 
Such a blessing to have the relationship that I do with my brother and the friendship with Allison is more than I could've asked for when I thought about the woman that Josh would marry. 
I'm so proud of them both and what they have achieved this year, looking good!!


I LOVE this picture. 
Making memories to last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment