Monday, June 7, 2010

Robin's Nest

Look what we found! A robins nest. I love the color of the little blue egg, Robin's Egg Blue, isn't that a crayola color???

The nest was just outside our sliding glass door on our porch. There were 5 babies. I'm sure the mother didn't enjoy all the photos I took.
Really not so cute!

I had to stand on a stool to get all the pictures. And everytime I would hold the camera over the nest to get a picture they would all sit up and open their mouths.


I still kinda wish I wouldve tossed an M& M in one of their mouths to see what would happen.


People asked if they were loud. To be honest I never heard them chirp once, not even the mom. Well the mom did one time when I was taking pictures and she dive bombed me. Hey they were her babies after all.

The kids liked watching them grow everyday, who am I kiddin I loved seeing them grow everyday. I couldn't wait to see them fly off on their own.



This is the last picture that I was able to get of the Robins. We went away for Memorial Day weekend and our house sitter said they flew away one by one. Luckily she was watching them for me because one of them fell out right in front of Mya, our Golden Retriever, and she had to rescue it. Most days Myas a good dog but she'll eat anything so that wouldve been one short life for that little birdie.
So I'm kinda sad now...we have an empty nest.







No comments:

Post a Comment