Monday, June 7, 2010

A lemonade stand...finally!


Sarah has been bugging me since last summer to have a lemonade stand. Two reasons I avoided it...




1. It's a big hassle. We had to drag out the table and three chairs. They had to make a sign. I had to make the lemonade. I had to find cups, and not the big solo beer keg cups (you know how much lemonade it takes to fill one of those up.
2. I had a lemonade stand when I was little. I still remember. I went through all the above hassle. By myself, my mom didn't help. I only sold three cups. How very disappointing to a young girl. I would wave and show my sign. I would yell "Lemonade for sale"and nobody stopped. NOBODY, my mom bought the three cups that I sold.
So in my defense I didn't want that for Sarah and the two sweet neighbor girls.

That didn't happen to these girls. They worked sooo hard. And they had so much fun. These three little girls took advantage of every storm gawker (in case you didn't know, a tornado touched down about 3 blocks from our house on Sat. night and there was a lot of damage) that drove down our road. Can you believe they made about $30.00.

How does that happen?

Really ...I'm ashamed that I didn't let her do it sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment