Thursday, September 5, 2013

Summer Camping

We've had several fun camping trips this year but our camping trip to Otsego Lake State Park was the most fun.  It was too short for us and a really long drive but still my favorite.
Jeremy's whole family was there Nana and Papa, Em and Cole and the kids, Joel and Sherry and the kids, and us.  
 
 The lake is really nice.  The kids loved playing around and I really enjoyed being at the beach.  I loved the girl time with Emily and Sherry.  On Friday night we stayed up until almost 3 in the morning sitting by the fire talking. 
 
 Joel had researched the area and things to do and discovered an elk farm. 
I couldn't believe how huge they were and how many there were. 
After we checked them out for a bit Papa took us all out for ice cream, his treat!!
 Sarah loved the reindeer.
 
 I love this picture.
And maybe thats why I loved the weekend so much.  It's been a long time since Jeremy and Joel were able to hang out.  It was all about family.  Everybody was relaxing and visiting and just being together.
And who doesn't love an elk?

2 comments:

  1. I love Elk in my freezer!! LOL beautiful creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very jealous you're now on summer vacation! And camping pictures looked AMAZING!


    Camp America 2014 & Summer Camp
    Jobs

    ReplyDelete