Monday, September 9, 2013

No Laboring for Us

Another weekend of camping.
We spent it at Burt Lake State Park.
Josh and his family were there also.
On Saturday we rented a boat with my dad and Lorraine. 
It was a lot of fun and a beautiful day.
 
 Being a pontoon boat tubing wasn't as challenging as the boys hoped it would be.
So they decided to get on a tube that was meant for one and see how long they could last with both of them on it.
Not long. But they had fun trying.
Sarah tried for a few minutes but decided she liked riding on Big Mable at Uncle Bruces lake better.
 By the end of the day, the kids were all pooped out. 
Taking naps on a pontoon boat, this is the life.
 I've always thought that my dad looks the happiest on the water.  I'll never understand why he didn't buy a boat.  Especially where he lives now, Burt and Mullet Lakes are so pretty. 
 I have to sneak photos of Jacob these days.  He is getting too cool for pictures.  I have to force him to smile and even then he doesn't look happy.
 Saturday night when we got back to the campsite we had hobo pies, or pizza pies or whatever your family calls them. 
My family likes to have them every time we camp. 
 haha
He thought the camera was off, looking silly but still so handsome.
 Cooking up some dinner.
 On Sunday the girls headed into Petoskey. 
I just love this town.
I love the shops.
I love the smell of the water.
I love the fudge store!!
Grandpa Shorters is one of my fave stores. 
Another camping weekend comes to an end. 
Almost time to winterize the camper and put it away till the spring.
One more planned trip before then.....Halloween weekend in Bay City.

No comments:

Post a Comment