Saturday, February 4, 2012

our last day



We woke up to another beautiful day. Since it was the day I was leaving we didn't have a full day. I really wanted to have some oysters and we had been told of a good place to go so we planned on that for dinner. As far as the rest of the day went we didn't really have any plans. I was curious what was on the other side of this bridge. Locals told us that South Carolina was on the other side so we decided to go check it out.


At the top of the bridge looking back, you could see the river and Savannah from up high. The kids would've loved the "big bridge"


Jeremy was also told that there were gators on the other side of the bridge so off we drove to find them. The other side of the bridge there was a "welcome to South Carolina" sign but thats about it. Luckily I found "alligator alley" on my iphone and we went looking for those gators.

We found many of the road side parks that you can pull off and park, fish, turn around etc. One of them had a "do not disturb the gators" sign so we thought we would see if we could find any. I was afraid the whole time that a gator was gonna come running after us.
Jeremy went off down one of the trails like no big deal, not me...I stood back and waited. On one hand I was afraid but on the other hand I was thinking theres no way we'll see a gator. He did end up spotting a small alligator sunning himself on the side of the water. I couldn't believe it.
We got back in the car and drove down this road to see if we could see some more.
We ended up seeing at least a dozen if not more alligators. All sizes.
This guy was probably the biggest. None of them were moving, all of them were just hanging out sunning themselves. They were just along side the road. I couldn't believe it. All the years I lived in Fl and visited FL I never saw a single one and in one day we spotted all of these.
It was pretty cool.
After all that excitement we headed back over to Tybee Island and dinner.
We went to the Crab Shack. I don't think it was a chain, even though I've heard of alot of seafood restaurants called that.
Finally oysters!
And they were so good. Still attached to the shell just like Michelle told me I should make sure that they were. I think these were better then the ones I had in FL. I also had a crab stew that was really yummy.
After dinner we went back to the hotel to get my bags and Jeremy took me to the airport. I got patted down at the airport because I had on a big baggie sweatshirt. Chick felt up under my boobs and down around my butt and she was really rough. I was like so sorry that I didn't wear a tshirt under my sweatshirt, lesson learned.
The flight was uneventful, as was the drive home.
It was a wonderful trip,
Savannah is a beautiful town.

No comments:

Post a Comment